Monday, February 25, 2008

Valentine's Day

Growing up, my mom on Valentine's morning a lot of times would leave a balloon by our bed with a treat for when we woke up. I thought that my kids were old enough to appreciate that surprise, so the night before after they had all fallen asleep we left a balloon with a treat at the end of it on their dresser. A couple hours after we fell asleep Clayton came running in our room really shaken up. Normally I send them back to their room, but I was too tired and he seemed really scared so I just let him sleep in our room. The next morning I asked him what freaked him out so much. He said that their was this big round thing floating around his room and it kept bobbing up and down. I just busted up laughing. I took him to his room and showed him that his monster was his valentine treat from mom and dad. He thought it was pretty funny after the fact. Later that day we made heart shaped pizzas and some really yummy heart shaped cookies.














1 comment:

Summer said...

clayton is so funny! classic case of the best of intentions going "bust"!