Sunday, February 24, 2008

Family Christmas Party

The weekend before Christmas we were able to go up north and spend some time with family. The first night we were with my family. We went to dinner and then back to my Aunt's house for more food, games, and some karaoke. My kids loved singing. It took BrynLee a couple of times watching and grandma helping her, but she finally got up the nerve to sing and didn't want to quit. Clayton was too busy playing basketball with the boys, but he did pause long enough to sing one song. Brooklyn on the other hand was a ham the whole night. She wanted to sing every song. Maren and John were nice to let her "rock out" to Bohemian Rhapsody while they sang. I think we have a future Rock Girl on our hands. We weren't paying attention to some of the songs and we heard what we thought was MC Hammer's "Can't touch This". My kids love this song and I encouraged them all to go sing it. The next thing I hear was Brooklyn singing "She's a very kinky girl. The kind you don't take home to mother." It wasn't "Can't touch this" it was "Super Freak". Didn't realize that there are 2 songs with the same music. Note to self: Pay attention to the songs before you send your 8,6,and 4 year old to sing them out loud for all your family to hear. The next day we went and saw National Treasure 2, which was a way good movie. We have never lived close enough to come to any of the family parties, so it is nice to be closer so that we can come to more of these fun get togethers.






2 comments:

JohnMarenFlavs said...

Megan! I look like I'm 20 pounds heavier in that picture then I really am. I demand you take it down!

Blondie said...

I just love your Fam!!