Monday, November 24, 2008

New Calling

A couple of weeks ago I had heard rumors that our Primary Presidency was going to get released. I didn't think anything of it because I thought for sure it wasn't true because they were just called 4 months ago. Last week I got a call from the bishopric wanting to meet with me and to have Jay there if he could. I knew right then that it was going to be Primary, but I wasn't sure what. When I got there they said that the wanted me to be the 1st counselor in the Primary Presidency. I was a little shocked and overwhelmed at the same time. I'm over baptisms and the primary program. It's going to be kind of crazy trying to get organized, but the presidency I work with makes it so much easier. I really am excited to have this chance to get to know each of the kids in our ward, but I am a little nervous getting up and conducting in front of 200 kids and with time I know it will get easier. My first sharing time is on Sunday, so if anyone has any good ideas let me know.

3 comments:

The Manwaring Family said...

Hey Megan! Congrats on your new calling! I have a great idea for sharing time. Since its Thanksgiving, you can print off a turkey and then cut out many feathers with blessings on them. Put the feathers in a basket and call many kids one at a time to come and put a feather on the turkey. When Jason and I were sunbeam teachers, this is what we used for our sharing time. It gets all the kids involved. I think we did about 30 feathers. If you need me to send a photo of what it looks like, I will be happy to. Too bad we don't live closer, I would just let you borrow mine :)

Michelle Thompson said...

You will be awesome in the Primary Presidency! Jayden is being baptized in a week and a half, so I need to call you and find out what I need to get prepared. I sure miss visiting with you. Good luck!

Erin said...

Hey Megan! I saw your name on someone's blog! I am finding all these people I know! Your blog is cute! And that is so great about being called to Primary, you'll do great!