Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Called to Serve

Whenever one of my family members is waiting for their mission call all the family members guess where they will be called. Last week my cousin Stephen was waiting for his call. Jay guessed California, I guessed Washington, Brooklyn guessed Russia, Clayton guessed Salt Lake, and BrynLee guessed IN and OUT Burger. I haven't laughed so hard for awhile. We had one open up pretty close to our house recently and that is her new favorite eating place (besides Costco). I guess she doesn't understand that IN and OUT Burger is not a place that you can serve a mission.
Anyway my cousin got called to Independence, Missouri. This is somewhat of a little miracle that he can even serve. He had surgery on his mouth just over a year ago, and he reacted to the medication that was given to him. He wasn't quite himself for months. We are so excited for him and know that he will be a great missionary ( even though he isn't serving at IN and OUT Burger).

4 comments:

Hardy Family said...

Your kids are so cute they crack me up. Yesterday I was able to substitute Brooklyn's class. She's a riot.
I love your blog!
Mine is fairly new & boring I need to jazz it up.
Good to find you.

JohnMarenFlavs said...

Best. Mission. Ever.

Emily said...

Double Double Protien style! I actually ordered that on my mission!

So if you will be staying with family, lets get together! I would love to see you!

You might need a break?

Blondie said...

Brynlee is a character, that is soooo funny. Stephen will be an awesome missionary! How was the Stadium of Fire??