Sunday, April 19, 2009

Britain's Got Talent

I'm sure most of you have seen this before, but it hasn't stopped me from watching it several times. (To watch you may have to click on the picture.)








Embedding courtesy of Dintillion

It just shows you how quick to judge we can be. Who knew she could sing like that. I showed my kids the video and they were laughing and thought she couldn't sing. They were just as surprised when this big amazing voice belts out. I was able to show them you can't judge someone for what they look like on the outside, it's what's on the inside that counts. Not only was it a teaching moment, but a learning moment. Like Susan said all she needed was a chance. How many times have we not given someone (our kids) a chance to show us what they can do. We just assume they can't do something and we do it for them. Next time it will make me think twice about giving them a chance.

No comments: