Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Sneak Peak

Here's a little sneak peek of what we have been working on for the last 6 weeks (It has taken forever and hopefully it will be done by Easter. That is my goal.) We started working on the girl's room. At first I decided I wanted their room a lime green with the beadboard on top. I took 1 full day and painted their room. I absolutely HATED the color. 2 days later I was back to Ace Hardware and got a dark brown and spent another day painting. This time it was a different story. I LOVED the color it turned out. I also spent another week sanding down, painting, and glazing their bedroom set. It took forever, but I loved the way it turned out. I have dejunkd their room ( 2 garbage bags full of garbage and 1 full of stuff for DI). Now all I have left is the organizing and the decorating (This is what might take forever. I have a huge list of projects I want to do including learning how to sew some things.) Hopefully I can show you the finished product here in the next month.


Some before pictures of the girl's room.......







Here is the nasty lime green color. I actually really like the color just not for the walls..........

Jay puting up the beadboard and trim (we had to paint both, but it turned out so cute).....



Stay tuned................

2 comments:

Jackie King said...

Can't wait to see the finished project. Your pictures are too cute. Tell Brooklyn her cast looks cool. Purple is a great color. We miss you guys. Do you guys have a webcam? We should chat sometime on skype if you do.

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.