Sunday, February 24, 2008

O Christmas Tree

I am finally getting around to posting Christmas pictures almost in time for Easter. Maybe I will get Easter pictures up in time for the Fourth of July.
This Christmas we were kind of "Bah Humbug". We didn't want to put lights or decorations up. I didn't even have motivation to put up our Christmas tree. We finally broke down and bought our first real tree. The kids were so excited and loved picking it out. I also didn't want to pull out my ornaments. I gave the kids free reign over the tree. It was completely theirs this year. They worked really hard and made a bunch of paper ornaments. They had so much fun doing this. I would usually find at least 1 new ornament a day. People kept telling me that the kids would always remember this tree, and to me this tree will always be a reminder that I was a loser for not getting into the Christmas spirit. At least the kids had fun with it and they didn't care what it looked like. Needless to say I have already bought a new tree and ornaments for next year and can't wait to get them up.





When we took the Christmas Tree down, we found this little guy hanging out it one of the branches. We called it the Nike butterfly because of the little swish mark on his wing. We think it started off as a cacoon in the tree, and because of the heat in the house it thought it was spring and time to hatch.



No comments: